Indiana Jones 5 news: Harrison Ford shares big update on new movie after delays
Indiana Jones has been a family favourite since it burst onto the big screen with Raiders of the Lost Ark back in 1981. Since then, Harrison Ford has brought the adventurer back to cinemas in The Temple of Doom (1984), The Last Crusade (1989) and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008). Over a decade after his last appearance in the franchise, he is set to revive the character once again for a fifth movie.
Now, in an interview with CBS, Ford has revealed when filming begins on the next film.
“I’m gonna start doing Indiana Jones in about two months,” he announced.
“I’m always delighted to come back to these characters. We have the opportunity to make another because people have enjoyed them.
“I feel obliged to make sure our ambitions are as ambitious as they were when we started,” he continued.
Indiana Jones 5: Harrison Ford spoke out on the fifth movie
Indiana Jones 5: Harrison Ford will be returning for a fifth outing as the adventurer
“You have a sense of responsibility to your customers.”
The Indiana Jones stalwart added: “I think of the people who go to my moves more as customers than I do as ‘fans’, ‘fans’ feels kind of weird to me, always has.
“But the fact that these people support my business, and I’m responsible to them for the quality of the service that I offer.”
According to Ford, the fifth Indiana Jones film will begin filming in April or May.
Indiana Jones 5: Harrison Ford originated the character on the big screen in 1981
However, the cast has yet to be revealed, meaning announcements are bound to start dropping soon.
Earlier this month, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy gave an insight into what fans can expect from he new Indiana Jones.
“We’re working away, getting the script where we want it to be and then we’ll be ready to go,” she told Slashfilm.
She confirmed Harrison Ford’s involvement, adding: “It’s not a reboot; it’s a continuation. He can’t wait.”
The fifth film is definitely set to be a sequel rather than a reboot and Ford himself previously said no one else could play the character.
“Don’t you get it? I’m Indiana Jones,” he quipped in an interview with NBC Today last year.
“When I’m gone, he’s gone. It’s easy,” he added.
Indiana Jones 5 has already experienced a number of delays having originally been announced for release on July 10, 2020.
Disney subsequently moved it to July 9, 2021.
They also replaced screenwriter David Koepp, who penned the previous film, with Jonathan Kasdan, who is known for Solo: A Star Wars Story.
Then, last year, reports emerged Dan Fogelman, This Is Us writer, had taken over the script.
Indiana Jones veteran Steven Spielberg will be back as director.
You may be interested
James Bond star on how No Time To Die EMPOWERS female charactersadmin - Sep 25, 2020
[ad_1] Not a lot is known about Nomi just yet, but from the few trailers fans have received, the gun-toting…
Downton Abbey 2: ‘Very funny’ movie sequel CONFIRMED by Carson star Jim Carteradmin - Sep 24, 2020
[ad_1] Four years after the hit period drama ended, Downton Abbey the movie hit cinemas. A box office smash, the…
Pirates of the Caribbean: Johnny Depp 'ALMOST' didn't join the Disney franchiseadmin - Sep 24, 2020
[ad_1] "Initially, when they came to me it was just the name - Pirates of the Caribbean," he explained."Then, of…