Chelsea banish Kenedy from pre-season tour after offensive China comments

July 25, 2017
570 Views


Kenedy posted two videos on Instagram last week while on tour with the Chelsea squad in China and he was booed by supporters during Saturday’s 3-0 win over Arsenal in Beijing.

On Sunday, Chelsea issued an apology for the 21-year-old’s behaviour and said the player had been “strongly reprimanded and disciplined”.

But the Premier League champions have now decided to send Kenedy home and he will miss today’s clash with Bayern Munich and Inter Milan on Saturday.

The messages, which have been deleted, featured one video captioned “F*** China” and picture of a sleeping security guard that said: “Wake up China. You idiot.”

Kenedy issued his own apology saying: “Hello my friends, just wanna say sorry if someone was sad because I used the expression “porra”, was no racism, just an expression…big hug.”

And Chelsea responded with their own statement declaring: “On July 22nd, Chelsea Football Club experienced the warmth and friendliness of Chinese fans at the National Stadium.

“However, we were surprised and disappointed that one day prior to the match, one of our young players, Kenedy, posted messages on his social media account that caused great offence and hurt the feelings of the people of China.

“Unfortunately, even though he quickly deleted the messages and apologised, and the club also apologised via our Chinese social media channels, the damage had already been done. Chelsea Football Club once again solemnly and sincerely apologises.

“Kenedy’s actions were a mistake that he will learn greatly from. His behaviour does not represent the entire team and does not align with the club’s high expectations and strict requirements of its young players. He has been strongly reprimanded and disciplined.

“Everyone at Chelsea Football Club has the utmost respect and admiration for China and loves our Chinese fans. It is because of this that the negative impact we have seen over the last two days has left us shocked and saddened.

“Once again, we sincerely apologise for the hurt caused to our Chinese fans as well as to the Chinese people.

“The match was a great cultural exchange event between China and Britain and the club is extremely grateful to China for its hospitality, which has brought us closer together in friendship. We very much hope to build on our strong relationship with our Chinese fans and friends, joining hands firmly with China in future for further cooperation.

“We offer this apology with utmost sincerity. We have listened carefully to the criticism and will use the lessons learnt over the last two days to improve our processes in future.”



Source link

You may be interested

Pregnant Kate Middleton swaps £220 coat for sporty tracksuit on her Wimbledon visit
Fashion
shares5 views
Fashion
shares5 views

Pregnant Kate Middleton swaps £220 coat for sporty tracksuit on her Wimbledon visit

admin - Jan 18, 2018

[ad_1] KATE MIDDLETON met a little girl with Cystic fibrosis outside Great Ormond Street Hospital today. The pregnant royal, 35,…

Deutsche Bank to move hundreds NOT thousands of staff after Brexit
Business
shares5 views
Business
shares5 views

Deutsche Bank to move hundreds NOT thousands of staff after Brexit

admin - Jan 18, 2018

[ad_1] DEUTSCHE Bank is expected to move hundreds rather than thousands of staff out of London after Brexit as it…

Theresa May and Donald Trump NOMINATED for NME Awards: No, it's not fake news
Music
shares5 views
Music
shares5 views

Theresa May and Donald Trump NOMINATED for NME Awards: No, it's not fake news

admin - Jan 18, 2018

[ad_1] THERESA MAY, Donald Trump, Kim Jong-un and Piers Morgan have been nominated for 2017 NME Awards. But in which…

Leave a Comment